One Love

One Love
"We need to move beyond the idea of 'environment' and fall back in love with Mother Earth." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 1 - Yoga Teacher Training

In the spirit of being authentic, I want to go home. I want my space and what makes me comfortable. To put this in context, after farmers market I go home and sit, in silence. People take a toll on me and I know this about myself. During the next four nights I am sleeping in a room with two other people; constantly around people, energy and noise. I am actually enjoying my finance homework, on the down time, because I can be alone in my head with numbers.


I feel as if I need to have a part of me die so I can learn and grow. I need to learn to be comfortable in the uncomfortable. However, I also want to honor my authentic self. At the same time, I am not sure that I know my true self.

Don't get me wrong, this place is full of love and peace with a lot of good energy. The instructors are so kind and knowledgeable. The other students certainly have a passion for yoga, but I am having a hard time connecting because I just want to be still. I don't want to come off as rude, I am just a reserved person and I don't know how to communicate that.


Today was all about hands and feet as well as the history behind yoga. I taught about hands and feet to a partner and got some great feedback. I am excited to see what tomorrow brings, I just need to push through the doubts. Put one foot in front of the other, take one thing at a time and be present.

I can't wait to share about the farm and the food! Peace be with you my friends.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your encouragement. Everyone loved my tie dye yoga pants!

    ReplyDelete