One Love

One Love
"We need to move beyond the idea of 'environment' and fall back in love with Mother Earth." ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Monday, September 8, 2014

Eating out while vegan

I enjoy cooking and creating new recipes, but I really love to go out to eat! One of the initial fears I had of adopting a vegan lifestyle was eating out. Would I be able to find something for me? Would it be good? I played it safe for the first trip out and went to The Farmer's Table Cafe in Fayetteville. With a tagline of "where locals meet and eat" and a garden outside, you know it's going to be good! 


The restaurant aims to support local farmers and provide the community with fresh local food. I figured this cafe would be the perfect place to have my first vegan meal outside of the home and it was! 

I had previously met our waiter, Cody, in acro yoga class! After looking over the locally sourced menu, I decided on the Garbanzo Burger with no bread (wasn't sure if the bread had butter), extra tomatoes, with shitake mushrooms from Sweden Creek Farm and homemade hummus with a side of veggies sautéed in coconut oil. This meal made me do a little dance in my seat it was so delicious! 

I was a little bit overzealous and started eating before I snapped a photo!
I noticed on the way into the restaurant that the special's board had a vegan, gluten free peach pie listed. Cody told me that the pie was from Kind Kitchen! I was so full from the meal that Cody brought me the pie to go. So that answers the question was it good, YES!


One of my main concerns on this journey is how this lifestyle will affect my social life. I believe that when you share meals together you get to connect with people on a whole other level and I don't want to lose that. 

Tomorrow, I will drive down to the Circle Yoga Shala to start my yoga teacher training! I am excited to start teaching and further my practice.

3 comments:

  1. Yea for you for embracing your personal lifestyle....blessings for your yoga teacher training!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come check out Wheatgrass Express. We grow sunflower sprouts, pea shoots, and of course wheatgrass. We have a 500 square foot warehouse in Springdale. Inta Juice, Farmers Table, Berry Natural, Native Nectar, all carry our products. We would love to have you try some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ross, I would love to! Big fan of all of the places that carry your products.

      Delete